You will need:
– 1 can of dry cider or half bottle of dry white wine
– 3tbsp cornflour – 1 500g hard cheese (an assortment is best)
– 1 tsp ground nutmeg
– 400g chopped tomatoes – 500ml chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
– boiled new potatoes
– bread chunks – cherry tomatoes
– cubed chorizo – mushroom chunks
Mix the cornflour with a heated slurp of the cider or wine to form a paste. Slowly melt the cheese in the remaining cider or wine, bringing to a simmer and then add the paste to this.
Season and keep warm over some tea lights. Don’t let it burn!
Use some skewers with the dippers prodded on to dunk in your fondue.