(serves 4 – this ain’t no thin pizza!)
You will need:
– 350g plain flour – 3/4 tsp fast action yeast
– 3/4 tsp fine salt – 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp tomato puree – 1 large onion, chopped
– 1 tbsp mixed herbs – 400g plum tomatoes
– 225g frozen spinach – 300g (ish) mozarella or grated cheese
– 4 medium eggs – 4 large mushrooms, sliced
– chorizo, sliced – to taste
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and then stir in the yeast. Slowly mix in 200ml tepid water. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to form a dough. Knead lightly on a floured surface for 5 minutes or so. Put into an oiled bowl, cover for 1 hour – during which time the dough size should just about double.
Heat the remaining oil to a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the puree, herbs and tomatoes – breaking them up. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Preheat the over to 220 celcius. Knead the dough again and then roll and fit onto an oiled swiss roll tin. Spread the sauce over this and scatter everything else on top. Season and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, crack the eggs over the top and then return to the oven to bake for a further 5 minutes – until the eggs have set.