You will need:
– 2 med. sweet potatoes – 1 large onion, finely chopped
– 1 garlic clove – 25ml oil / 25g butter
– 1 vegetable stock cube – 1/4 spoon chilli powder
– 1 tin kidney beans, washed – 100ml+ creme fraiche
– 1 1/2 mugs water (for the stock)
Chop the potatoes into cubes and then boil for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside. While you’re doing this, boil the water for the stock and then add the stock cube.
Meanwhile, gently fry the onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the sweet potato to this and beat to a coarse textured mush. Add in the kidney beans and then the stock – bringing to the boil and simmering gently for a time.
When you’re ready to serve, stir-in the creme fraiche.